Back to all museums in New Zealand
- Address: Otaihanga Road, Paraparaumu, New Zealand, 5036
- Route planner
- Website: www.southwardcarmuseum.co.nz
- Email: email@example.com
- Models on display: 6c 1750 Gran Sport
- Opening hours: Monday to Sunday from 9 AM to 4:30 PM. Closed December 25th and Good Friday.
- Opening hours confirmed: copied from museum website March 2013.
- Remarks:An hour’s drive north of Wellington. Designed and built by the late Sir Len Southward, this customised facility houses the southern hemispheres largest private car collection. The building also contains extensive conference and function facilities, a theatre; complete with operational pipe organ, and a cafe and restaurant, all set in six hectares of immaculate park-like grounds. The museum itself is home to over 400 automobiles and various other exhibits including aircraft, bicycles, a range of vintage tools and other automobile memorabilia.
- Tripadvisor review
Share your thoughts on this museum in the comment box at the bottom of this page.