Back to all museums in Peru
- Address: Av La Molina cuadra 37, Esquina con totoritas Urb. Sol de La Molina, Lima
- Route planner
- Website: www.museodelautomovilnicolini.com
- Email: web form
- Models on display: 2600 SZ (1966). From the 105 cars made this is no. 068.
- Opening hours: Unknown
- Opening hours confirmed by museum: n/a
- Remarks: The collection was started in 1962 by Jorge Nicolini when he decided to save a abused and battered Lincoln from 1925. It now consists of 120 cars and a few motorcycles. See image gallery on http://www.autoclassic.com.br.
- Tripadvisor review
Share your thoughts on this museum in the comment box at the bottom of this page.
If you visit Lima, Peru, then be sure to visit this museum. It has a wonderful collection of US and European cars and a fantastic restoration shop onsite. The Alfa 2600 Sprint Zagato is an incredible work of art. I first saw this car when it was a rusted hulk sitting in the Museum’s courtyard in 2008. When I saw it again in 2014, they had completely restored the body. Many of the parts they made themselves, such as new front bumpers. They have an onsite chrome plating operation, paint shop, and mechanical rebuilding area. It’s all very “old world” stuff going on in big, dark, old industrial buildings, but the quality of their work is first rate. We go to Peru every year or two and always make it a point to visit this museum to see what their latest projects are. The have the very first BMW car that still runs in their museum. The factory came over to use it in a tv commercial a few years back.
Pingback: Warum noch in Lima? « Heidi Hetzer fährt um die Welt